* Image by Jane Mount – scroll down for more information
In addition to being open Monday through Thursday 2-6pm, Baxter Memorial Library also offers curbside pickup during open hours. How does it work, you ask?
1. Choose the materials you’d like to request. Feel free to place holds online if you’re comfortable doing so. If not, just email your requests, and I’ll place the holds for you. You can also call the library at 763-2875 and leave a message specifying which items you’d like. Remember, some items (such as puzzles) may not be entered into the system, so if you know we have something but you can’t find it in the catalog, just let me know.
2. I’ll place your items inside a grocery bag, label it with your first name, and set it in the curbside bin on the back porch.
3. You’ll receive an email or phone call when your items are ready.
**If you’re unable to pick up items during the designated curbside hours, email or call to let me know, and we can easily make arrangements.
How long is the lending period?
The lending period will be one month for all materials – old and new, books, DVDs, games, puzzles, you name it – except for LUV Co-op DVDs and audiobooks, which is 2 weeks. As usual, we’re not crazy-strict with return dates, but please consider that others might be wanting to read the material you’ve checked out (especially if it’s new).
Can I request items through interlibrary loan?
Absolutely! Just email me the titles you’re interested in. I’ll request them and let you know when they arrive.
Are the materials quarantined or sanitized?
Items are no longer quarantined or sanitized; however, I can easily quarantine and/or sanitize your chosen materials before making them available to you. Just email me.
How will returns work?
You can now return materials in either the book slot in the front door or the book drop in the back.
If you have any questions or concerns, send me an email or give me a call at the library at (802) 763-2875.
* The image above is an illustration by the incredible Jane Mount. If you haven’t yet seen her collection of Ideal Bookshelves, do yourself a big favor and check them out right now. (You can also click on the image to see her Etsy shop.)