The Baxter Memorial Library
Here’s how to use this service:
1. Go to www.listenupvermont.org
2. Take the Download Digital Media Guided Tour & browse the Quick Start Guide & Digital Help FAQ
3. Download the free software to your home computer or use a computer at the library (high speed)
4. Sign in: Select Baxter Memorial Library from the alphabetical list & enter your assigned ID number
5. Select & download the book(s) of your choice. You have 7 days to listen, burn to CD, or transfer to an MP3 player (available on loan from the library if you need one).
6. Questions? Call the library at 763-2875, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you find a title of interest, just add it to your basket and check it out (download it) with your library ID. Then you can close the Internet connection and listen to the book offline.
All books are loaned for 7 days with a maximum of 2 titles per person. If a book you want is checked out, you can place a hold on it. There are no late fees because titles will expire and be returned to the library automatically when the 7 days are up.
Some titles are always available no matter how high the demand; others you may have to wait for. Some can be burned to CD and some are in MP3 or WMA format. Check out the website for all the details!
This downloadable audio service is provided by the Baxter Memorial Library as a member of the Green Mountain Consortium.